Rahul Sheth is a partner at the firm, and joined the firm in 2022. He specializes in representing employers and insurers under Title 34, the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act all across the state and during all stages of litigation. Rahul also specializes in subrogation recovery on behalf of his clients, protecting their interests by asserting liens in third-party fault situations. Finally, Rahul also handles Occupational Accident claims and contingent liability scenarios for employers and individuals who choose to obtain occupational accident insurance.
Prior to joining the firm, Rahul worked for national and regional law firms. He brings with him over a decade of experience in representing local and national corporate clients with an expertise in products and premises liability cases. He has also represented licensed professionals in the nursing home and assisted living facility industries. Rahul also has experience as a judicial circuit clerk working with the Chief Judge where he obtained and refined skills to better his practice as a litigator.
Rahul currently serves as a Board Member of the Asian American Insurance Network, a national 501(c)(6) organization dedicated to amplifying the voices of Asian Pacific Island (API) insurance professionals in the United States and internationally. He also serves on the Ethics Sub-Committee of the Chairman’s Steering Committee for the State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Conference. Rahul also dedicates his time to the Law School Outreach Committee of the Atlanta Bar Association, connecting law students to practicing lawyers in the Bar.
Rahul graduated from the University of Georgia in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Religion. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Mercer University School of Law in 2012, and he was admitted to the Georgia bar the same year. While in law school, Rahul served as a representative to the Student Bar Association and diversity chair of the Phi Delta Phi legal honors society. He also practiced under the Third Year Practice Act representing a variety of indigent criminal defendants and a death row inmate in Habeas Corpus proceedings throughout the state.
Rahul has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers annually since 2020, an honor reserved for 2.5% of attorneys in the State of Georgia. He has also received the AV Preeminent Peer & Judicial Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell annually since 2020, an award to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the bar and Judiciary. In the Fall of 2022, Rahul was named the Best of the Best Defense Lawyer by Workplace Health magazine. In December 2022, Rahul was named Legal Elite by Georgia Trend magazine. Rahul has given numerous presentations and written articles on various topics involving the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act.
Rahul was born and raised in Toronto, Canada, where he spent a significant part of his early years before moving to Atlanta, Georgia. He and his wife, Alice, currently live in Atlanta where they enjoy spending time with family and friends and their dog.
- Workers’ Compensation
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Occupational Accidents/Contingent Liability
Admitted to Practice
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District
- Georgia Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- All Georgia State Courts
Honors & Awards
- Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine (2022)
- Best of the Best Defense Attorney from Workplace Health Magazine (2022)
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star” (2020 – 2023)
- AV Preeminent Peer & Judicial Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2020 – 2022)
- Legislative Alert: Workers’ Compensation Maximum Benefits Rates Increased (May 2022)
- Proposed Legislative Update: Compensability of PTSD for Georgia First Responders (February 2022)
- Workers’ Compensation in a Global Pandemic – Injuries Sustained While Working from Home (August 2020)
- A Look at Occupational Disease and COVID-19, Atlanta Claims Association, Claimscene Legal Corner (May 2020)
- CEU Workers’ Compensation Nuts & Bolts, Legal Strategy, & Case Law Update (May 2022)
- CEU Georgia Workers’ Compensation 101 & Legal Update (December 2021)
- ICLE Workers’ Compensation Institute Case Law Update (October 2019)
- CEU Management Narcotics in Workers’ Compensation Claims (October 2018)
- CEU Georgia Workers’ Compensation 101 & Legal Update (January 2017)